Sitrep Viet Nam: Re-enacting the Second Indo-China War

Dispatches

Forum Home > Week of the Eagles, Ft Campbell, KY 2012 > STAND DOWN ORDER

papajoad
Administrator
STAND DOWN ORDER
Troop,
I regret to inform you that our team will NOT be used at the Week of the Eagles.
It was through my association with Shanda that we were in the air shows in the past. She has retired and there is a new guy in the mix. At first he wanted our team, but in my last call to him, he told me that it was easier for him to hand over the selection of the Re-enactors to the 101st museum people. In a conversation with them, I was informed that there own people and a select few were doing the show.
I have been vague on mentioning any names of the "people" at Ft Campbell. At this time 20th Century G.I. will distance itself from this event.
We are invited to set up displays only, if you want to. Who knows, you may get a seat, but most likely not. This is a good air show to attend so it is up to you.
Lee, sorry, give it a try.
--

Beau Coup Dinky Dau

papajoad

"see you out there"

www.20thcenturygi.com

June 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

papajoad
Administrator

Sir,

My group has preformed with the AAHF fourteen times in the past several years. Our last show was Whitman Air Force Base in 2010. Based on your earler disclamer e-mail as to who was representing the AAHF and the remarks about picking members for the Deminstration Team from those present on Friday did not go over good with my group.

We have always had a Gurantee that our group would fly, with the understanding that someone may get bumbed for some VIP from the base,(this has happened several times at Campbell, but understood).

How can you expect me to ask a bunch of guys to take a vacation day from work and part of a weekend, pluse the expense of travel with no gurantee of flying. Yes we do displays, but we have supported the AAHF so many times that is what we do. We bring full Outo weapons, an M-60 full Auto, and Team killian supplies a 50 cal for static display. I have contact with 10 VC,we do it all.

20th Century G.I. Sky Soldiers Deminstration Team, we have used many names in the past, but this is the one we settled on after Whitman last year.

I have already issued a stand down order to my Sitrep Viet Nam Team in St Louis, with the instructions that they can go on there own with the best of luck. Team Killion has already signed up with you, they are good, they have worked with us at Campbell in the past.

You have to understand, it is Unit pride and economics all in one. If we can not fly, then no.

Gary Adkins

--

Beau Coup Dinky Dau

papajoad

"see you out there"

www.20thcenturygi.com

June 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.